Following reports by ORIC (Office of the Racing Integrity Commissioner) and the CVO (Chief Veterinary Officer), Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is in the process of improving its regulatory framework and making significant improvements to the welfare of racing greyhounds in Victoria. Part of this process has involved collecting much needed data and feedback from people most experienced in the industry i.e. the participants.
In March 2016 GRV identified a number of workshops it would like to use to identify core issues relating to the following topics.
The workshops were conducted between 10 May and 3 September, 2016. These have been followed by a series of regional workshops.
To find out more about the workshops or to provide feedback, please click on the links below:
- Training facilities and trial tracks
- Track design, track safety and lures
- Breeding and breeding controls
- Rearing and pre-race training
- Improving the racing career of greyhounds
- Racing program and grading
- Opportunities for smaller-scale participants
- Industry education and training requirements
- Retirement and Re-homing
GRV has taken on board the discussion generated in the workshops and will use it to form a basis for future decision making and policies