FastTrack’s Kennel Return process has been upgraded with new functions that will enable participants to better manage the greyhounds in their care.
The upgrade introduces two new terms that participants should become familiar with, which are:
- Location – which simply means the address where a greyhound is kept, and
- Activity – which simply means what the greyhound is doing at a location or kennel.
All participants, not just trainers, are now able to add named and un-named greyhounds to any of their registered addresses (kennel or location), with six activities to choose from: Training, plus new activities of Breeding, Whelping, Rearing, Educating or Spelling.
Participants should be aware that those greyhounds not already in a trainer’s kennel when the upgrade was introduced are listed on FastTrack as being in the owner’s ‘kennel’. If this is not the greyhound’s current location, a Kennel Return should be submitted by the person who has the greyhound in their care.
When a greyhound’s activity changes (say from rearing to educating) but the greyhound does not move to a new location, this can be updated by using the new Change Dog Activity function.
If a greyhound moves interstate, owners can use the new Update Interstate Location function to change the location and activity of their greyhound.
Participants should also be aware that recording an activity of breeding for any greyhound does not mean that the greyhound is registered to breed, or that the owner is registered as a breeder. Existing requirements for registering as a breeder and registering a greyhound for breeding have not changed.
FastTrack will automatically email both the owner and the trainer (or person in charge) when a Kennel Return is submitted. Find out how the new functions work by downloading the guide here. _
What might these changes mean for you?
As an Owner
- Use the new Update Interstate Location function to record the activity, person in charge and location for your greyhounds that are interstate.
- When you sell a greyhound, you may need to complete a Kennel Return to remove the greyhound from your kennel.
As a Breeder
- Change your pregnant female’s activity to Whelping when she moves to the whelping kennel to whelp her pups.
As a Whelper and Rearer
- When a pup you whelped is now being reared, use the Change Activity function to update their activity to Rearing in FastTrack.
As an Educator
- Add a greyhound pup to your kennel when they arrive, using Educating as their activity, and then remove them from your kennel when they finish.
As a Trainer
- Aside from having to select Training as an activity, the Kennel Return process has not changed.
- If a greyhound you train has a spell for any reason, use Change Dog Activity to record the change to Spelling.