Good training knowledge is key to the sustainability and success of Victoria’s greyhound racing industry.
For those catchers, attendants and trainers looking to update or refresh their knowledge, or for anyone interested in learning more about catching, attending and training, the information in the booklets below are based on the Trainers Education Program that are completed for registration.
There are thirteen booklets in the series; each of which can be viewed or downloaded from the links below;
- Booklet 1: Introduction
- Booklet 2: Greyhound Basics
- Booklet 3: At the Racetrack – Kennelling, Preparing for Racing, Boxing and Catching
- Booklet 4: At the Racetrack – After the Race
- Booklet 5: Occupational Health and Safety
- Booklet 6: Completing the Assessment
- Booklet 7: Setting up the Training Environment
- Booklet 8: Greyhound Health
- Booklet 9: Education and Training
- Booklet 10: Nominating
- Booklet 11: Preparing a Greyhound for Rehoming
- Booklet 12: The Public Trainer
- Booklet 13: Advanced Knowledge
In addition, GRV is always developing new resources on topics ranging from health, to illness and injury prevention and management.