GRV would like to thank all the participants who have taken the time to update FastTrack with the location and status of greyhounds in their care; either proactively, or after being contacted recently by our Integrity Department.
This engagement with participants regarding updating greyhound records will be ongoing, so it is important that all participants understand their obligations and regularly review their records.
The following frequently asked questions have been developed to assist with your obligations;
Location of greyhounds
- Q: Do all greyhounds need to be added to my kennel? Yes; any greyhound in your care must be added to your kennel on FastTrack, unless they are retired as pets. GRV must know where all greyhounds are located, all of the time. This includes unnamed greyhounds.
- Q: If a greyhound’s location details show ‘owner’ as the location activity, is this acceptable? No, because it is system default data; most often triggered by another participant removing the greyhound from their own kennel. The location must be updated to show an activity from the drop-down list. We cannot assume greyhounds are with their owners because many are not.
- Q: When I receive greyhound from an owner should I obtain the ear brand and microchip? Yes, otherwise you will not be able to add the greyhound to your kennel.
- Q: Why does a greyhound retired for breeding need to be added to kennel? GRV cannot assume a greyhound is with the breeder as they are often spelling at another location.
- Q: If I have breeding authority shouldn’t that be adequate? No; greyhounds are not always kept with the participant who has breeding authority, so up-to-date location details are still required.
- Q: What location ‘activity’ type should be selected for a greyhound that is retired for breeding? Use the ‘add to kennel’ function, and select ‘breeding’ from the drop-down list.
- Q: What happens if a breeding greyhound is spelling at a property that is not the person with breeding authority? The registered participant whose property the greyhounds is spelling at needs to add location as ‘spelling’.
Updating details of retired greyhounds:
- Q: If I have already retired my greyhound, for breeding or as a pet of owner, do I have to update those details if something changes? Yes; if a greyhound’s retirement details change, FastTrack needs to be updated to reflect the changes; to record the greyhound’s death, or the details of the new owner.
- Q: What if I have a greyhound in my name retired for breeding, but I’m not sure if I’ll breed with it? If you think you might breed with the greyhound in the future, updating its location activity to ‘spelling’ would be appropriate. However, when you have decided you will no longer breed with the greyhound, you should retire the greyhound as a pet, or provide GRV with the new owner rehoming details, which can both be done via FastTrack.
Interstate education and rearing
- Q: If I send my greyhound interstate for rearing or education etc. do I need to inform GRV? Yes; if your greyhound is sent interstate for any reason other than training, please use the ‘Action’ function under the ‘My Dogs’ tab and click on ‘Update Interstate Location’ to add the relevant details.
Responsibility to provide Vet certificates.
- Q: Whose responsibility is it to provide death certificate or other certificates/declarations as required by GRV? It is the role of the participant and NOT the Veterinary Clinic to provide certificates. All participants are encouraged to receive a copy of certification from the Veterinary Clinic and ensure that it is sent to GRV. If a Veterinary Clinic fails to provide GRV with a certificate it is the participant that is liable under the rules and not the clinic.
GRV takes the reporting requirements and tracking of greyhounds seriously. You can assist us to protect the industry by keeping your records up to date.
If you are unsure of your obligations, please do the following:
- Use this link, which outlines a how to guide and video
- Contact the participant support line 1300 144 360 or email email@example.com
- Request a kennel inspection on email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 1300 192 597
Intelligence Manager – Greyhound Racing Integrity Unit
Greyhound Racing Victoria