Greyhound Racing Victoria is responsible for promoting, investigating, auditing and enforcing compliance with Victoria’s greyhound racing regulation. This includes:
- carrying out inspections and investigations
- ensuring the probity and conduct of registered persons
- providing compliance information, guidance and advice to regulated persons on how to comply
- initiating timely, appropriate and proportionate enforcement actions where breaches are detected
- Minimising harm and promoting animal welfare.
GRV works in partnership with the greyhound racing industry, as well as Victoria Police, the RSPCA and other government agencies such as local councils.
GRV uses an integrated approach to perform its regulatory functions. It registers, informs, educates, monitors and enforces in combination to achieve effective regulatory oversight.
2017 / 2018
Having issues accessing via Internet Explorer, please click here.
Download PDF version here.